Randoms: Thoughts, Experiences, and Questions
By Jorge Antonio Vallejos
This is the first of a new series I’m doing where I list random thoughts, questions, and experiences of mine.
Of course, the list is in no order; it’s random! Let me know what you think.
1. Why did the lady in the laundry room today ask, “Laundry?”?
2. I didn’t like the white guy in Kensington Market smiling at me like we were bros and saying, “Mota?”.
3. Watching the new film The East last night has me thinking of privileged white folk who become activists.
4. Thankfully, I turned around a moment of jealousy to the reality that I’m on my own path.
5. I’m loving The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin.
6. The barista at the coffee shop I go to is one of those people who do “the extra”.
7. NEVER use Drano in your toilet!
8. Everyone is talking about the Zimmerman verdict. I think I’ll shut the fuck up.
9. You are always being watched.
10. Everyone I run into today tells me “It’s hot out there!” as if I can’t tell that myself.
11. I found two VHS tapes on the recycling bin today: Kurt & Courtney and Revenge Of The Ninja!
12. I miss Paula, my book and movie buddy. I’m looking for a new movie buddy.
13. Canada is stolen land. Canada is stolen land. Canada is stolen land.
15. Ego = Edging God Out